Legionella Awareness Training
The Health & Safety Executive (HSE) often highlights a lack of competency amongst staff or insufficient Legionella training as contributing to individual & management failures in preventing and controlling Legionnaires’ disease outbreaks.
HBI deliver high-quality Legionella Awareness Training in the classroom setting that can be hosted at a client’s premises or our own offices.
The half-day training is suitable for a wide range of individuals who may be involved in day-to-day Legionella control including:
- Duty Holders
- Responsible Persons & Deputies
- Estates and Facilities Officers
- Buildings Managers
- Engineers and Maintenance Personnel
Our Legionella Training is approved by the Legionella Control Association’s Code of Conduct for Service Providers and our standard courses are designed around the key learning areas of the HSE Approved Code of Practice L8 (2013) and Guidance documents HSG 274 (Part 2).
A typical course outline for Legionella Awareness Training (for Hot & Cold Water Systems) is shown below:
- What is Legionnaires’ Disease
- Introduction to Legionella Bacteria
- Legionella Growth Factors
- Legislation & Guidance (AcoP L8 & HSG274)
- Hot & Cold Water Risk Systems
- Introduction to Legionella Risk Assessment
- Case Study: Barrow-in-Furness Outbreak
- Written Schemes of Control
- Monitoring & Logbooks
HBI are also able to offer training solutions to organizations operating Evaporative Cooling Systems & Cooling Towers as well as providing refresher training and bespoke training options.
Please contact us if you would like to find out more about our Legionella Awareness Training Services.